Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Looking for a pic of a yellow 45 RPM record

I am getting ready to sing a song requested by my sister, Roxie. I decided I would like to find a picture of a yellow 45 RPM record. I recall this song being on a 45 RPM yellow record in our home. On one side was Here Comes Peter Cottontail and the other side was Stars are the Windows of Heaven but I do not know who sang them. In my search I came across an article by Norm Katuna about RCA and some history about the RCA record company. They had a color code for their records. Black was for Pops, Green was for Country, Yellow was for Children's songs, cerise for Blues and Rhythm, midnight blue for Pop Classic, sky blue for International. The first 45 RPM record was released March 31, 1949. We had a green record also that was a Homer and Jethro of Put that Knife Away Nellie and flip side Pizen Pete which was released June 1950. Another yellow record was a storybook type called "Little Orly". Little Orly was a cabbage worm. One other one that comes to mind was "The Teddybears' Picnic.

No comments: